- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup candied cherries, quartered
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots, coconut, cherries, raisins and pecans. Pour into four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 mini loaves.
Originally published as 3 C Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p45
Reviews for 3 C Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2013
I used Macadamia nuts instead of pecans used a bit less oil because the nuts are not as dry. As pecans and it was great