This is a nice change of pace from traditional beef chili, offering a whole different set of flavors to enjoy. I like to serve cheddar cheese bread on the side. You can also serve the chili over rice. —Traci K Wynne, Denver, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Crumble turkey into a pressure cooker. Add remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Close cover securely according to manufacturer’s directions. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.
- Immediately cool according to manufacturer’s directions until pressure is completely reduced. Stir chili. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as 25-Minute Turkey Chili in Taste of Home February/March 2011, p77
Reviews for 25-Minute Turkey Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review