25-Minute Turkey Chili Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Crumble turkey into a pressure cooker. Add remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- 2. Close cover securely according to manufacturer’s directions. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.
- 3. Immediately cool according to manufacturer’s directions until pressure is completely reduced. Stir chili. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup equals 268 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 781 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.