2-for-1 Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add the broth, half-and-half and whipping cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in the chicken, mushrooms and pimientos. Drain spaghetti; add to the chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 2 months. Bake the second casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- 4. To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Stir before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (3-4 servings each).
1 cup: 572 calories, 31g fat (17g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for 2-for-1 Chicken Tetrazzini
"Really good!! I didn't use the pimientos and added peas and used fresh mushrooms. This dish went over well for our group of friends and was easy to put together!!"
"Very good. We left out the pimientos. I cut the recipe in half, I didn't need to freeze any. Rich, and filling. Easy to make."
"This was very good. I added peas and omitted the pimientos. I will definitely make this again. It was creamy and rich."
"This was really good!"
"I made this recipe without the pimientos, and added peas to it. I also bought two cooked chickens at the grocery store and used it in this recipe and it was great! I would definitely recommend this recipe. Very good, and the family loved it!!!"
"I made this without the pimientos and used fresh mushrooms instead of canned. My kids loved it!"
"I made this dish as directed except I did leave out the pimientos. It was wonderful! My husband who isn't much of a pasta person LOVED IT! He went back for seconds and thirds! haha"
"This was divine. I made it with the leftover turkey from Thanksgiving."
"I make this for my daycare kids and the absolutely love it. It is a favorite for all of them"
"So good, we loved it and will make again more often."
"awesome taste ... I did add about a 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan to the chicken mixture but probably didn't need to ..."
"We had this for dinner tonight, it was great. I did add tsp. each of savory and garlic powder though. Very budget friendly. I recommend serving with fresh steamed asparagus!"
"Very good and warms up well!"
"Very good. And forget the other reviewer who acts like simpler recipes are for morons. Simple and easy to prepare recipes are not just for "people who don't know how to cook" - they are also for busy people, people with large families like mine, or for potlucks when you don't have lots of time to prepare stuff. I am a good cook, and have been married 36 years, yet I ALWAYS LIKE and save recipes that are easy to prepare. So THERE."
"This is sooooo good!"