- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add the broth, half-and-half and whipping cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the chicken, mushrooms and pimientos. Drain spaghetti; add to the chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 2 months. Bake the second casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Stir before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (3-4 servings each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for 2-for-1 Chicken Tetrazzini
"Really good!! I didn't use the pimientos and added peas and used fresh mushrooms. This dish went over well for our group of friends and was easy to put together!!"
"Very good. We left out the pimientos. I cut the recipe in half, I didn't need to freeze any. Rich, and filling. easy to make."
"This was very good. I added peas and omitted the pimientos. I will definitely make this again. It was creamy and rich."
"This was really good!"
"I made this recipe without the pimientos, and added peas to it. I also bought two cooked chickens at the grocery store and used it in this recipe and it was great! I would definitely recommend this recipe. Very good, and the family loved it!!!"
"I made this without the pimientos and used fresh mushrooms instead of canned. My kids loved it!"
"I made this dish as directed except I did leave out the pimientos. It was wonderful! My husband who isn't much of a pasta person LOVED IT! He went back for seconds and thirds! haha"
"I make this for my daycare kids and the absolutely love it. It is a favorite for all of them"
"So good, we loved it and will make again more often."