2 a.m. Feeding Snack Bars Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup each milk chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips and vanilla or white chips
- 3 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the eggs and butter; add to the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chips.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately sprinkle with candy bar pieces. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 199 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for 2 a.m. Feeding Snack Bars
"Great recipe to make for your family or to take to friends and neighbors! Easy and oh so yummy!"
"These were easy brownies to make. I used milk, semi-sweet chocolates and butterscotch pieces. To make healthier for a new momma, use whole wheat flour and 1/4 cup of ground flax and wheat germ. Also, consider using stevia instead of refined sugar."
"Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!!"
"I used another brownie recipe that I love and added peanut butter/milk chocolate chips to the batter and sprinkled with the chopped snickers bar. Delish!"