I assured my friend that she didn't have to wait to try one of these scrumptious brownies until she got up in the middle of the night to feed the baby! But the chocolaty treats are a perfect pick-me-up (anytime) for new parents short on sleep and energy. —Ame Andrews, Little Rock, Arkansas
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup each milk chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips and vanilla or white chips
- 3 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the eggs and butter; add to the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chips.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately sprinkle with candy bar pieces. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as 2 a.m. Feeding Snack Bars in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p37
Reviews for 2 a.m. Feeding Snack Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review