15-Minute Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, 2 tablespoons ketchup, mustard, bread crumbs, dry soup mix, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into an oval loaf.
- 2. Place in a shallow 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- 3. Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the sugars, vinegar and remaining ketchup; drizzle over meat loaf. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 375 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 960mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Reviews for 15-Minute Meat Loaf
"Wonderful flavour; very moist. Cooked this in the oven for an hour on 160C. All of us thoroughly enjoyed this meatloaf and gave it a 10! Another favourite meatloaf recipe for the family!"
"I won't make this again. The flavor and texture were funky and made everything on the plate taste a little off. Family didn't enjoy...disappointed especially after reading all the positive reviews."
"This is a family favorite! I now just make my meatloaf the way I want but I still ALWAYS use the sweet and sour topping. It is amazing! Just absolutely love it. My super picky husband loves it. He likes NOTHING!"
"I have used this recipe over and over and for me and my family it is our favorite ."
"i love this recipe. the only difference is that i bake mine instead of using the microwave. its the best meatloaf ever"
"My family loved this recipe. My husband was late getting in for supper and I literally had to hide two pieces for him before my 12 & 6 year old ate it all!"
"This is the family favorite in our house. The kids love it too!"
"Great just as it is."
"The kids really liked it. It's a good variation on meatloaf. I cook it in the oven."
"WoW! This was amazing! I used the oven at 365 and baked it for thirty minutes then pored the glaze on top and then baked it another thirty minutes and served it with beef rice. It was like heaven, i am not kidding. I never take the time to sign in for reviews but i had to because I have never been able to get meatloaf to turn out so well and have so much flavor. I really recommend trying this. This glaze would also be great on pork too I bet! YUMMY!!"
"My husband does not particularly care for meat loaf - but he loved this recipe... Definately will make it again!"
"I use the oven.. its so good you tend to overeat"
"I have been making this meatloaf for years, since it first was published in QC. It is a family favorite and even a request on birthdays."
"This is really good. My husband & I love the flavor and I appreciate the fact you can have delicious meat loaf fast on busy days."
"This is a nice change from regular meatloaf. Very good!"
"I bake this in the oven rather than microwave as you would a traditional meat loaf about an hour. It's awesome."
"I forgot to mention. I am gluten intolerant so I can't use the bread crumbs. In this recipe I replaced them with the same amount of oatmeal.I hope this might help any one with the same problem."
"This is the absolute best meatloaf ever. My whole family enjoys it!!!!! I give it an A+++++!!!!"