- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place salad greens in a 3-qt. bowl or 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Top with layers of celery, green peppers, onion and peas; do not toss.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and sugar; spread over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for 12-Hour Salad
"My Mom made this for years. Her recipe is almost identical, except hers has a layer of 5 chopped up hard boiled eggs. I think the eggs really add to it. Love this recipe!"
"I wasn't sure how I would feel about this recipe because I'm not crazy about mayonnaise or sour cream but boy was I surprised! This salad was a huge hit at Christmas dinner and I really enjoyed it myself. I couldn't believe that the veggies stayed crunchy despite sitting in the fridge overnight. I did use more bacon and cheese than what the recipe called for but thats just because it was a holiday and who doesn't like that stuff?! This will be a staple in our house from now on!"
"Amazing flavours, everyone loved this salad, it was the 1st to get eaten at our barbeque/party! It doesn't go soggy, stays fresh, and the flavour of the bacon goes right through overnight. I will make this again for sure."
"Deliscious! Made this for a barbeque and it went even before the potato salad, everyone loved it! Thelettuce keptfresh andthebaconflavourwentrightthrough. I couldeat this often!"
"My family just loved this salad. I will be making this again, I will make it one day,then stir everything and keep in refrig for more taste. I can hardly wait to hear the reviews."