12-Hour Salad Recipe
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place salad greens in a 3-qt. bowl or 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Top with layers of celery, green peppers, onion and peas; do not toss.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and sugar; spread over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for 12-Hour Salad
Sort By :
"Amazing flavours, everyone loved this salad, it was the 1st to get eaten at our barbeque/party! It doesn't go soggy, stays fresh, and the flavour of the bacon goes right through overnight. I will make this again for sure."
"Deliscious! Made this for a barbeque and it went even before the potato salad, everyone loved it! Thelettuce keptfresh andthebaconflavourwentrightthrough. I couldeat this often!"
"My family just loved this salad. I will be making this again, I will make it one day,then stir everything and keep in refrig for more taste. I can hardly wait to hear the reviews."
"This recipe is so delicious. And, the funny thing is, even the wilted leftovers taste delicious. I also use a chopped hard boiled egg. Very yummy."
"The key is letting it sit overnight. I love the way the flavors meld together. The mayo - sour cream seals it off in the fridge. I got this recipe from a friend over 20 years ago. I still love it!"