- 2 cups crushed canned tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large heavy saucepan, cook tomatoes over medium heat; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; add remaining ingredients. Return to heat and cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and soup is heated through. Yield: 3-4 servings (1 quart).
Reviews for 10 Minute Tomato Soup
Sort By :
Very similar to my own recipe except always add basil, fresh or dried, to taste. Makes all the difference in the world. I also put finely chopped onion in as I cook the tomatos.
This is PERFECT for gluten free users who cannot enjoy many store bought soups. it is easy and creamy. I especially like it when using in casseroles.
This is very similar to the tomato soup that my grandmother made. She always said that the baking soda was so the milk would not curdle. I think she only used a pinch.
Before I threw out the batch, I realized it needed sugar. I found that 3 Tbls. worked. Start at 2 Tbls. and keep adding till you find what works for you. Also, if there are seeds, you'll want to strain the soup. It tastes MUCH better with the sugar.
I did not care for this recipe at all. I found it to be very bland. I added salt, but it just didn't taste right. Sorry to say, the entire batch is getting thrown out.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Soup Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >