"Mom often made this hearty main-dish salad for my three brothers and me when we were growing up," recalls Cindy Stephan of Owosso, Michigan. "Now it's one of my husband's favorite meals - and one we frequently fix for weekend guests."
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a small saucepan , cook beans over medium-low heat until heated through. Place corn chips on a large platter. Top with beans, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, olives, salsa and sour cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as 10-Minute Taco Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for 10-Minute Taco Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review