- 1 (13-1/2 ounce) package Johnsonville® Andouille Dinner Sausage
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined or boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 box (8 ounces) Zatarain's Jambalaya Rice Mix
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- In a medium bowl, toss the Johnsonville® Andouille Dinner Sausage, the shrimp or chicken,and Creole seasoning. Set aside.
- Follow instructions for preparing Jambalaya Rice adding half the canned drained tomatoes. In a separate pan, brown the cut Johnsonville Andouille Sausage with olive oil, then add the seasoned shrimp or chicken and cook lightly.
- About ten minutes before the rice is done and while it is still firm, add the rest of the tomatoes,the Worcestershire, hot sauce and parsley. Partially cover and continue cooking.
- To serve, taste and adjust seasonings, adding a little additional Creole seasoning if you want it more spicy. Spoon into large bowls to serve. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for 1-2-3 Jambalaya(4)
Sort By :
This is nice and tasty.
This is very tasty recipe.
love it, real nice flavor
Great but I think perhaps the creole seasoning was unnecessary on top of the per season jambalaya rice mix- far too much salt as the smoked sausage tends to already be salty in taste. Watch out when you add the ingredients and meats to the rice that its not burning at the bottom- never stir the bottom, If you have that expensive looking ceramic pot use it!! Anything else would burn easily and not really have the same homey presentation.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Stew Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Johnsonville® >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >