1-2-3 Blackberry Sherbet Recipe
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Place blackberries and sugar in a food processor; process until smooth. Press through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard seeds and pulp. Stir buttermilk into puree.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish. Freeze 1 hour or until edges begin to firm. Stir and freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; process 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Yield: 1 quart.
Reviews for 1-2-3 Blackberry Sherbet(14)
Sort By :
To cut calories, I only used 1 cup sweetener - I used xylitol. This cut calories to 125 per 1/2 cup. Also, to strain the berries and xylitol, I processed, then put part of the mixture in my large metal strainer and used my egg beater, stirring and pressing to get all the juice out.
We have an overabundance of blackberries from our blackberry bushes this year. I made this recipe to use some of them in a new way. We loved it! My husband especially likes that there are no seeds in the sherbet. The next time, I'm going to try to cut back on the sugar just a little bit. It was just a tad too sweet for us.
This is so easy and tastes so good. Made it with strawberries also, just as good. As soon as the blueberries are ready to pick, I am going to try them tool
Can you make it if you do not have a food processer?
How can something this easy be this good? Will definitely make again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blackberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >