"What's in the Fridge" Frittata
Great for a last-minute breakfast, brunch or lunch, guests rave about the crab and Swiss combination in this frittata. I also like to use sausage and cheddar with asparagus or whatever's in season—and in the fridge. —Deborah Posey, Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs; set aside. In an 8-in. ovenproof
- skillet, saute the onion, pepper and mushrooms in oil until tender.
- Reduce heat; sprinkle with crab. Top with eggs. Cover and cook for
- 5-7 minutes or until nearly set.
- Uncover skillet; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat
- for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5
- minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wedge equals 215 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 361 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.