Great for a last-minute breakfast, brunch or lunch, guests rave about the crab and Swiss combination in this frittata. I also like to use sausage and cheddar with asparagus or whatever's in season—and in the fridge. —Deborah Posey, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs; set aside. In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the onion, pepper and mushrooms in oil until tender. Reduce heat; sprinkle with crab. Top with eggs. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until nearly set.
- Uncover skillet; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as "What's in the Fridge" Frittata in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p20
Reviews for "What's in the Fridge" Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review