"What's in the Fridge" Frittata Recipe
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs; set aside. In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the onion, pepper and mushrooms in oil until tender. Reduce heat; sprinkle with crab. Top with eggs. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until nearly set.
- Uncover skillet; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for "What's in the Fridge" Frittata
Sort By :
Who doesn't love a good frittata? This is a good base for a great one and you can basically put anything you want to put into it.
Taking my cue from the name of the recipe, I've made this frittata with "what's in the fridge." Although once I did use crabmeat and Swiss cheese, I've also substituted those for turkey sausage and cheddar, spinach, tomato and feta cheese, and even chopped ham and jarlsberg cheese. The basic idea is great, easy to make and very tasty. I'm not a pepper person so omit and use whatever eggs I have in the fridge. Guess what? Comes out terrific every time!