"Thanksgiving's Not Over Yet" Enchilada Soup Recipe
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- Optional toppings: crumbled queso fresco, shredded cheddar cheese, crushed tortilla chips, cubed avocado and minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the red pepper, onion and celery in oil until crisp-tender. Add the broth, enchilada sauce, pumpkin, corn, chilies and dressing mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in turkey and heat through. Garnish servings with toppings of your choice. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
1-1/2 cups (calculated without optional toppings): 209 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 1451mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein
Reviews for "Thanksgiving's Not Over Yet" Enchilada Soup
"This soup was definitely not a flavor I cared for initially. Though I love Verde enchilada sauce, and pumpkin in all its forms; when combined it produced a bitter flavor, I added some sugar to sweeten, as well as garlic, cumin, and white pinto beans. I simmered for several hours. Served with crushed tortilla chip and lots of shredded cheese. The alterations were the ticket for us!!....delicious, warm, and filling!!"
"This is delicious & has lots of flavor. I was really unsure about the pumpkin, but it balances well with the enchilada sauce. I adjusted a few things to use what I had on hand - used 3 cups of broth, 2 - 10 oz. cans of green enchilada sauce, canned corn & leftover chicken. And added a can of black beans. Would probably taste great with red enchilada sauce as well."
"my family and i tried this soup and love it ifact used it twice once as soup and as enchilada sauce great recipe"