“This recipe is a little indulgent, but we all need that occasionally. Don’t worry about having it for more than one day, there won’t be leftovers of this!” Lori Ann Panchisin — Holly Hill, Florida
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (12 ounces) diet lemon-lime soda
- 2-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons fat-free milk, divided
- 2 packages (1.4 ounces each) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 10 whole reduced-fat graham crackers, divided
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- Grated chocolate, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and soda; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk 2-1/2 cups milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and remaining milk; stir until smooth. Coarsely crush five crackers; set aside. Cut cake into 1-in. cubes.
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, pudding, crushed crackers, chocolate mixture and marshmallow creme. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Just before serving, coarsely crush remaining crackers; sprinkle over the top. Garnish with grated chocolate if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as "S'more, Please" Trifle in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p41
Reviews for "S'more, Please" Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review