VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- BERRY LAYER:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons raspberry gelatin
- 1 pint fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pint fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- CREAM LAYER:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- For berry layers, combine sugar, cornstarch and water in medium saucepan, stirring to dissolve. Cook until thick and clear. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved.
- Divide mixture in half. Stir blueberries and lemon juice into half of the mixture; spread over bottom of pie shell. Refrigerate. Fold raspberries gently into remaining half of mixture; set aside.
- For cream layer, beat together cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the topping; spread over blueberry layer. Refrigerator until set. Carefully spread raspberry layer over cream layer. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Red, White and Blue Berry Pie in Country Woman July/August 1990, p33
Reviews for"Red, White and Blue Berry Cream Pie"
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2013
"This was a huge hit at our annual Fourth of July cookout."