- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- BERRY LAYER:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons raspberry gelatin
- 1 pint fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pint fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- CREAM LAYER:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- For berry layers, combine sugar, cornstarch and water in medium saucepan, stirring to dissolve. Cook until thick and clear. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved.
- Divide mixture in half. Stir blueberries and lemon juice into half of the mixture; spread over bottom of pie shell. Refrigerate. Fold raspberries gently into remaining half of mixture; set aside.
- For cream layer, beat together cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the topping; spread over blueberry layer. Refrigerator until set. Carefully spread raspberry layer over cream layer. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Red, White and Blue Berry Pie in Country Woman July/August 1990, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for "Red, White and Blue Berry Cream Pie"
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2013
"This was a huge hit at our annual Fourth of July cookout."