"Little Kick" Jalapeno Burgers Recipe
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons light beer or water
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 3 slices pepper jack cheese, cut in half
- 6 dinner rolls, split
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 6 tablespoons shredded lettuce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- 3. Top with cheese; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls with salsa, sour cream and lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 burger: 254 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 471mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for "Little Kick" Jalapeno Burgers
"These burgers were excellent, my whole family loved them!!"
"I used one jalapeno instead of 2 & made 4 burgers instead of 6. The only thing I will do different next time is eliminate the water - it seemed like it made the raw meat too thin & hard to handle. Otherwise, it was very tasty & a healthy alternative to beef burgers. Next time I will serve it with sweet potato fries."
"I only used half of the jalapenos, garlic, and cilantro and these were still delicious. I will be making them again!"
"Excellent flavor! Made them with ground beef instead of turkey; topped them with lettuce, tomato and avocado."
"I made this for dinner last night and I thought it was pretty good. I made 6 burgers out of it as it said 6 servings but by the time the burgers were off of the grill they were a little small. Only because I didnt think it was spicey enough I am going to use a few more Jalapenos next time. If it is your first time making this I would start with what is recommended and then go from there. I will more than likely make these again."
"This is SOOO GOOD! I did change it up quite a bit. I used ground beef instead of turkey and I fried instead of grilling these. (I know a lot more fattening.) They were so good. I will be making these often!"
"These were pretty yummy! I used salsa verde and whole wheat buns."
"These burgers do have a nice little kick. Delish!!!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.