- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons light beer or water
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 3 slices pepper jack cheese, cut in half
- 6 dinner rolls, split
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 6 tablespoons shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Top with cheese; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls with salsa, sour cream and lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for "Little Kick" Jalapeno Burgers
"These burgers were excellent, my whole family loved them!!"
"I used one jalapeno instead of 2 & made 4 burgers instead of 6. The only thing I will do different next time is eliminate the water - it seemed like it made the raw meat too thin & hard to handle. Otherwise, it was very tasty & a healthy alternative to beef burgers. Next time I will serve it with sweet potato fries."
"I only used half of the jalapenos, garlic, and cilantro and these were still delicious. I will be making them again!"
"I made this for dinner last night and I thought it was pretty good. I made 6 burgers out of it as it said 6 servings but by the time the burgers were off of the grill they were a little small. Only because I didnt think it was spicey enough I am going to use a few more Jalapenos next time. If it is your first time making this I would start with what is recommended and then go from there. I will more than likely make these again."
"These were pretty yummy! I used salsa verde and whole wheat buns."
"These burgers do have a nice little kick. Delish!!!"