I lightened up one of my husband's favorite burger recipes, and although the original was good, we actually like this better! —Dawn Dhooghe, Concord, North Carolina
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons light beer or water
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 3 slices pepper jack cheese, cut in half
- 6 dinner rolls, split
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 6 tablespoons shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Top with cheese; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls with salsa, sour cream and lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as "Little Kick" Jalapeno Burgers in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p14
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for "Little Kick" Jalapeno Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review