"Little Kick" Jalapeno Burgers Recipe
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons light beer or water
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 3 slices pepper jack cheese, cut in half
- 6 dinner rolls, split
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 6 tablespoons shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Top with cheese; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls with salsa, sour cream and lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for "Little Kick" Jalapeno Burgers(9)
Sort By :
These burgers were excellent, my whole family loved them!!
I used one jalapeno instead of 2 & made 4 burgers instead of 6. The only thing I will do different next time is eliminate the water - it seemed like it made the raw meat too thin & hard to handle. Otherwise, it was very tasty & a healthy alternative to beef burgers. Next time I will serve it with sweet potato fries.
I only used half of the jalapenos, garlic, and cilantro and these were still delicious. I will be making them again!
Excellent flavor! Made them with ground beef instead of turkey; topped them with lettuce, tomato and avocado.
I made this for dinner last night and I thought it was pretty good. I made 6 burgers out of it as it said 6 servings but by the time the burgers were off of the grill they were a little small. Only because I didnt think it was spicey enough I am going to use a few more Jalapenos next time. If it is your first time making this I would start with what is recommended and then go from there. I will more than likely make these again.
More Recipe Collections
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilling Hamburgers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >