- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks one at a time; add vanilla, lemon juice and peel. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Reserve 1/2 cup of dough; wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. Shape remaining portion into a rectangule; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll larger portion of dough on a lightly floured piece of parchment paper into a 12x8-in. rectangle, about 1/4-in. thick; transfer to a baking sheet. Spread preserves over dough to within 1/4-in. of edge. Grate remaining frozen dough over preserves. Bake 24-28 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on pan 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as "From Russia with Love" Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2016
Reviews for "From Russia with Love" Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review