- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1-1/2 cups crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted chestnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 package (5 ounces) sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the stuffing cubes, corn bread stuffing, chestnuts, parsley, sage, salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, apple and celery in butter until tender. Stir into stuffing mixture. Add enough broth to reach desired moistness. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, stirring once. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for "Everything" Stuffing(5)
Sort By :
I first tried this stuffing 3 years ago. My family LOVES it, and requests that I make it every Thanksgiving. I do add the extra broth to keep moist. Make sure to not to stir or "fuss" with it too much or it will become mushy. It's nicer when the bread cubes hold their shape.
I didn't like the taste and it was dry. Maybe because I am used to sweet white bread stuffing.?
This is the best stuffing recipe I have found! I've used this recipe for two Thanksgivings now and each year I'm asked to make more because people just love it! Samantha - Menomonie, WI
Absolutely delicious and makes the house smell amazing.
I made this stuffing when I hosted my first Thanksgiving for my family and everyone loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Sausage Stuffing >
- Side Dish Recipes >