"Everything" Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe
THE everything-mashed potato casserole seemed to evolve over a year and it’s a great dish to take to a covered dish event. If I need to keep it warm for a longer time, I sometimes place the mixture into a crockpot and then add the sour cream, bacon, cheese and chives.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Beat in the cream cheese, butter, milk, salt and pepper until fluffy. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Spread sour cream over the top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese, bacon and chives. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 433 calories, 33 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC