- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli, cooked and chilled
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Assorted fresh vegetables or tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate for several hours. Serve with vegetables or tortilla chips. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for "Broccomole" Dip
Sort By :
I grow my own broccoli, so I always have fresh or frozen on hand. When our kids were little, it was a great way to get them to eat their veggies. Now that they're grown, it's still a favorite! Try it with curry powder instead of the chili powder for a tasty variation.
It seems like with the mayo and sour cream this recipe would be unhealthy. At least an avocado is a healthy fat. If you make a guacamole using an avocado and leaving out the sour cream, it wouldn't be bad for you.
I left out the mayo, added 3/4 C. salsa with corn and black beans, and 1/4 C. chopped water chestnuts. It was wonderful. everyone loved it. I think the trick is cooking the broccoli until tender so it mushes when you process it.