For a snack that's very much like guacamole—but without the avocados which are high in fat—try this recipe.—Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli, cooked and chilled
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Assorted fresh vegetables or tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine the first six ingredients; cover and
- process until smooth. Refrigerate for several hours. Serve with
- vegetables or tortilla chips. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 tablespoons) equals 27 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.