"Boo"rrific Black Bean Dip with Chips Recipe
—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 9 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 2-1/4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, sweet red and green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Cut tortillas with a 3-in. ghost-shaped cookie cutter. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spritz tortillas with cooking spray; sprinkle with taco seasoning. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. In the drippings, saute onion and peppers until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- 3. Add one can of beans and mash. Add the picante sauce, lime juice, chipotle peppers, cumin, salt and remaining beans; heat through. Stir in bacon and cilantro. Serve with ghost chips. Yield: 3 cups dip and 3 dozen chips.
1/4 cup: 190 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for "Boo"rrific Black Bean Dip with Chips
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC