"Boo"rrific Black Bean Dip with Chips Recipe
—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 9 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 2-1/4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, sweet red and green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Cut tortillas with a 3-in. ghost-shaped cookie cutter. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spritz tortillas with cooking spray; sprinkle with taco seasoning. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. In the drippings, saute onion and peppers until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- 3. Add one can of beans and mash. Add the picante sauce, lime juice, chipotle peppers, cumin, salt and remaining beans; heat through. Stir in bacon and cilantro. Serve with ghost chips. Yield: 3 cups dip and 3 dozen chips.
1/4 cup: 190 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for "Boo"rrific Black Bean Dip with Chips
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC