—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 9 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 2-1/4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, sweet red and green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Cut tortillas with a 3-in. ghost-shaped cookie cutter. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spritz tortillas with cooking spray; sprinkle with taco seasoning. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. In the drippings, saute onion and peppers until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- Add one can of beans and mash. Add the picante sauce, lime juice, chipotle peppers, cumin, salt and remaining beans; heat through. Stir in bacon and cilantro. Serve with ghost chips. Yield: 3 cups dip and 3 dozen chips.
Originally published as "Boo"rrific Black Bean Dip with Chips in Backyard Living September/October 2006, p33
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for "Boo"rrific Black Bean Dip with Chips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2009
"I made this for a bunko party and everyone liked it, along with the pumpkin cookie dip too. I am making both for the day before Thanksgv. this year."