- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Orange food coloring, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add extracts and vinegar; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved, about 6 minutes. Beat in food coloring if desired.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a #10 round pastry tip. Fill bag with egg white mixture. Pipe 1-1/2-in.-diameter ghosts onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Add two chips on each for eyes.
- Bake at 250° for 40-45 minutes or until set and dry. Turn oven off; leave cookies in oven for 1 hour. Carefully remove from parchment paper. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for "Boo"-rrific Kisses
Sort By :
"These are super cute and super easy! My shapes didn't turn out like the picture, but they were still ghostly. This will be an annual Halloween treat."
"These have a great taste to them. It's kind of like making angel food cake. I didn't use the orange food coloring. The hardest part was putting the eyes on. Great recipe, thanks!"
"These were nice and festive. Everyone enjoyed them, especially the kids! I didn't make mine so pointy, or use orange food coloring and they turned out great."
"My kids and great grandchildren love them. can't make only one patch."
"I first made these about 15 years ago, as a Halloween treat for a neighbor's kids, who weren't allowed real trick-or-treat candy. And I've made it every year since! People expect them, and the reviews are always great!"