FDR, who saw the nation through the Great Depression and World War II, also knew a thing or two about grilled cheese. This mean melt, with its two kinds of cheese, bacon and Dijon mustard, would have pleased the 32nd president.
Featured In: 25 of Our Cheesiest Recipes Ever
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 8 slices cheddar cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 slices sweet onion
- 8 cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and mustard; spread over four bread slices. Layer with cheeses, tomato, onion and bacon. Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- On a griddle, toast sandwiches over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon & Cheese Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p174
Reviews for Bacon & Cheese Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2016
"Oh my goodness!! made this sandwich today!! it was awesome"