"Apres-Ski" Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups cubed acorn squash
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place butter in a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or until melted. Add squash, carrot and leek; stir to coat. Cook, covered, on high for 6 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; cook, covered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until vegetables and macaroni are tender, stirring twice. Remove bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2 qt.).
Reviews for "Apres-Ski" Soup
Sort By :
Very good taste, easy and fun to make. Not a keeper, but a great recipe anyway.
We very much enjoyed this soup. I did roast all the veggies before adding them to the soup and cooked the soup on the stovetop.
I enjoyed this, thought I made it on the stove instead of the microwave. I didn't add any squash in and enjoyed it anyway.
This is a very good soup that the whole family loved. The squash really set the soup off. Will be making this again.
This is a soft, gentle soup that warms thoroughly, and my family absolutely loves it. We will be making it for cold days as often as we can.