Apres ski, French for 'after skiing,' refers to the social time directly after getting off the slopes, and this microwave soup is perfect for the occasion. Chock full of healthy veggies, this one will warm you from head to toe. Nancy Hamlin - Littleton, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups cubed acorn squash
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place butter in a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for
- 15-20 seconds or until melted. Add squash, carrot and leek; stir to
- coat. Cook, covered, on high for 6 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; cook, covered, on high for 12-14
- minutes or until vegetables and macaroni are tender, stirring twice.
- Remove bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2 qt.).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 92 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 594 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,