"Apres-Ski" Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups cubed acorn squash
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place butter in a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or until melted. Add squash, carrot and leek; stir to coat. Cook, covered, on high for 6 minutes.
- 2. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook, covered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until vegetables and macaroni are tender, stirring twice. Remove bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2 qt.).
1 cup equals 92 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 594 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for "Apres-Ski" Soup
"The leek was too overwhelming in the soup."
"I think it would be better with chicken in it, but was overall good."
"Very good taste, easy and fun to make. Not a keeper, but a great recipe anyway."
"We very much enjoyed this soup. I did roast all the veggies before adding them to the soup and cooked the soup on the stovetop."
"I enjoyed this, thought I made it on the stove instead of the microwave. I didn't add any squash in and enjoyed it anyway."
"This is a very good soup that the whole family loved. The squash really set the soup off. Will be making this again."
"This is a soft, gentle soup that warms thoroughly, and my family absolutely loves it. We will be making it for cold days as often as we can."