Apres ski, French for 'after skiing,' refers to the social time directly after getting off the slopes, and this microwave soup is perfect for the occasion. Chock full of healthy veggies, this one will warm you from head to toe. Nancy Hamlin - Littleton, Colorado
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups cubed acorn squash
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place butter in a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or until melted. Add squash, carrot and leek; stir to coat. Cook, covered, on high for 6 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; cook, covered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until vegetables and macaroni are tender, stirring twice. Remove bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2 qt.).
Originally published as "Apres-Ski" Soup in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p24
Reviews for "Apres-Ski" Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review