"Apres-Ski" Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups cubed acorn squash
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place butter in a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or until melted. Add squash, carrot and leek; stir to coat. Cook, covered, on high for 6 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; cook, covered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until vegetables and macaroni are tender, stirring twice. Remove bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2 qt.).
Reviews for "Apres-Ski" Soup
Sort By :
"The leek was too overwhelming in the soup."
"I think it would be better with chicken in it, but was overall good."
"Very good taste, easy and fun to make. Not a keeper, but a great recipe anyway."
"We very much enjoyed this soup. I did roast all the veggies before adding them to the soup and cooked the soup on the stovetop."
"I enjoyed this, thought I made it on the stove instead of the microwave. I didn't add any squash in and enjoyed it anyway."