With one bite, you'll no longer wonder why Marilyn Dick of Centralia, Missouri claims this tasty combination as her favorite. "My mom passed this recipe on to me," Marlyn writes. "I just love the combination of apple, bacon and cheddar—that's how these sandwiches got their name."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 12 slices bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 12 bacon strips, cooked
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 6 tomato slices, optional
- Spread each slice of toast with 1 teaspoon butter. In a bowl, combine
- the cheese, apple, salad dressing and walnuts. Spread on 6 slices of
- toast; place 2 slices of bacon on each. Cover with egg slices. Top
- with tomatoes if desired and remaining slices of toast. Yield: 6