Low-Calorie Lunch Foods
Use this list to help stay within your goal of a 450-calorie lunch.
The 450-Calorie Lunch*
Use this list as a reference for what foods you might combine to stay within your goal of a 450-calorie lunch.
- 1 slice whole-wheat bread, 69 calories
- 1 slice reduced-calorie wheat bread, 48 calories
- 1 large pita (6-1/2" diameter), 165 calories
- 1 flour tortilla (approximately 6" diameter), 150 calories
- 1 whole wheat dinner roll, 76 calories
- 1 hamburger bun, 79 calories
- 1 hard roll, 83 calories
- 1 slice American cheese (1 ounce), 93 calories
- 1 slice Swiss cheese (1 ounce), 106 calories
- 1 slice cheddar cheese (1 ounce), 113 calories
- 1 slice part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 ounce), 72 calories
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese, 21 calories
- 1 saltine cracker, 13 calories
- 1 wheat cracker, 9 calories
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter, 192 calories
- 1 slice deli ham, 22 calories
- 1 slice deli smoked fat-free turkey breast, 10 calories
- 1 beef hot dog, 147 calories
- 1 medium apple, 72 calories
- 1 medium pear, 96 calories
- 20 baked potato chips, 200 calories
- 3/4 cup miniature pretzel twists, 112 calories
For additional calorie calculations, see calorieking.com or check the Nutrition Facts labels on food packages.
Click here to download a pdf of our Do-it-Yourself Meal Planning Worksheet. Use it to plan what you're going to eat and record what you've actually eaten.
TIP: To download the Meal Planning Worksheet, you will need the latest Adobe Acrobat® Reader installed on your computer. Install Adobe Acrobat Reader for free.
*Eat three meals a day and two snacks that total 1,400 calories.
Most people will achieve slow, reasonable weight loss at 1,400 calories a day for women and 1,500 calories a day for men. (Check with your doctor before starting this plan to be sure it's right for you and to determine if you should have a different daily calorie total.)
To distribute your calories throughout the day, consume:
- 350 calories for breakfast
- 450 calories for lunch
- 500 calories for dinner
- two 50-calorie or two 100-calorie snacks, depending on the total number of calories you're shooting for per day.