Additional Diabetic Resources
If you have not met with a diabetes educator or attended a diabetes education class, ask your doctor or healthcare provider about educational opportunities. A registered dietitian can help you make good food choices and also help you understand your personal meal plan.
- American Diabetes Association. For general information about diabetes, visit the American Diabetes Association's Web site at www.diabetes.org or call 1-800-DIABETES (1-800-342-2383).
- American Association of Diabetes Educators. To locate a diabetes educator in your area, contact the American Association of Diabetes Educators at www.aadenet.org.
- American Dietetic Association. The American Dietetic Association can provide customized answers to your nutrition questions. Visit the Website at www.eatright.org or call 1-800-877-1600.
- The Diabetic Newsletter. The Diabetic Newsletter, which is published every other Monday, can be sent directly to your e-mail address. The newsletter contains general information, recipes and frequently asked questions with answers. To subscribe, visit www.diabeticnewsletter.com.
- National Diabetes Education Program. www.ndep.nih.gov
- Joslin Diabetes Center. This site offers nutrition facts and other ideas to help manage diabetes, www.joslin.org
- dLife®. Need help managing your diabetes? The #1 resource for your diabetes life and largest online diabetes community. Membership is FREE and gives you access to content that informs you about diabetes, dLifeTV segments, thousands of diabetes-friendly recipes, and direct on-site expert Q&A. Please visit www.dLife.com today!