Suggestions for Sipping
Here are some tips to help you get into the H2O habit:
- Spend lots of time at home? Keep a pitcher of water in your refrigerator, so it's handy, well-chilled and inviting.
- If you're at the office, keep a big mug or bottle at your desk. You'll find yourself reaching for it naturally.
- When you drain your mug, don't wait until you finish what you're doing…refill it immediately.
- Drink water with each meal. It's good for your digestion and may help you feel full so you eat less.
- Bored with plain water? Perk it up by squeezing a wedge of lemon or lime into it. Or drink other liquids such as fat-free milk, unsweetened fruit juices, flavored sparkling waters, other beverages and broth-based soups.
- Eat foods that are high in water content, which includes most fruits and vegetables. A refreshing slice of watermelon is over 90 percent water.
- Try drinking water through a straw. Some people claim it's easier to down this way.
- Make it a habit not to pass a water fountain without stopping for a sip.