Dive into Fitness
Whether you work out in your own pool or join a water-fitness class, keep the following tips in mind and you're sure to do swimmingly well.
- After asking your doctor which water activity he or she advises, find out what programs your community pool or local gym offer. Inform instructors of any medical conditions you have.
- Select an additional type of exercise for days when swimming isn't an option.
- Never exercise in the water by yourself. And if you're not completely comfortable in the pool, stick to the shallow end or use a flotation device.
- Stretch before getting into the water. Gradually slow down as your workout comes to an end.
- Make it fun. Keep pool activities enjoyable and invite others to join you.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC