Gas Saving Tips
Practice these helpful tips and save at the gas pump
The rise in gas prices have been breaking the bank, making it harder for working Americans to afford luxuries and basic necessities. But with the need for transportation a must, we've come up with some helpful tips to help ease the pinch.
- Look for the lowest gas prices: Look around in your area for which gas stations have the lowest prices.
- Combine weekly errands: Instead of doing your errands at different times, do them in one trip. Buy enough to get you through the week. This way, you aren't making unnecessary trips around town.
- Carpool: Carpool with a friend or neighbor whenever possible. Not only will you be saving gas, but you'll be helping Mother Nature as well!
- Walk: Walk or ride a bike to nearby destinations. You're saving gas and getting some exercise to boot!
- Buy gas during the week: Gas stations have a tendency to raise the price of gas on the weekends and during the holidays.
- Highway driving: Take the highway to avoid stop-and-go traffic in the city. Also, don't go over 65 mph, anything higher eats up your gas mileage.
- Go public: Take public transportation, if accessible in your area.
- Good condition car: Make sure your car is in good condition and your tires are properly inflated. This will allow you to get the maximum miles per gallon.