Have an opened package of tortillas in the refrigerator? Here are some sweet and savory ways to use them up in a jiffy:
- Brush the tortillas with butter and sprinkle with herbs or cinnamon-sugar. Bake on a cookie sheet until crisp.
- Make a breakfast burrito by spooning scrambled eggs and salsa down the center of the tortilla and rolling up. You could also add shredded cheese and sour cream.
- Spread peanut butter, apple butter and cream cheese on a tortilla and roll it up for a quick snack sandwich. Eat it cold or heated in the microwave.
- For a quick quesadilla, spread shredded cheese and salsa on a tortilla and top with another tortilla. Pop it in the oven and bake until cheese melts. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
- Let tortillas dry on racks until brittle, then crumble into small pieces to use on soups or salads in place of croutons.