Tasty Tarts in No Time
Too busy to worry about what to make for dessert tonight? Convenient store-bought individual tart shells make it as easy as pie to end dinner on a sweet note. Here are some quick-to-fix suggestions:
- For an instant lemon tart, spoon lemon curd into a shell and top with whipped cream.
- Fill shells with your favorite instant pudding or ice cream. Top with whipped cream, chocolate shavings or chopped nuts.
- Blend a container of flavored yogurt with a cup of whipped topping and spoon into tart shells. Garnish with a dollop of whipped topping and a fruit slice.
- If you're a fan of banana splits, here's a simply sweet version: Layer thin slices of banana on the bottom of each shell, cover with layers of strawberry yogurt, canned pineapple tidbits and whipped topping. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with a maraschino cherry.
- Fill a tart shell with your favorite berries and dollop with whipped topping or yogurt. For a strawberry tart, spoon whipped topping or yogurt on the bottom, place sliced strawberries on top and cover with a tablespoon of strawberry glaze.