Taste of Home Ultimate Potluck Recipe Contest Official Entry Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. PURCHASING WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This contest is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec) 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. This Contest is sponsored by The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. ("Reader's Digest"). Reader's Digest is the parent company of the TasteofHome brand. Employees of The Reader's Digest Association, or their affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to enter the Contest. This Contest is governed by the laws of the USA. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. How To Enter: Entry for the Contest begins at 12:00 AM Central Time (CT) on July 8, 2011, and closes at 11:59 PM (CT) on November 30, 2011. To enter, visit www.tasteofhome.com/ultimatepotluckcontest and follow the instructions completely. Only entries submitted via the website electronic form will be accepted. Entries submitted via any other method, including but not limited to U.S. Postal Service, facsimile or other express delivery services, will NOT be accepted. 3. Entry requirements: We are looking for your favorite recipes that are popular with a group, are original and fall into one of the five (5) following categories.
- Baking Pan Favorites (13x9, 8x8, springform, etc.)
- Hand-Held Recipes
- Light & Delicious Fare
- Almost Homemade Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
Each entry must follow these rules:
- Indicate on the entry the category into which your dish falls.
- Indicate on the entry: the name of the dish, the ingredients, exact U.S. measurements, timing, special preparation instructions and approximate number of servings. Include your full name, address, city, state, zip, telephone number and email address (if you have one).
- Entry must be in English. Enter as many recipes as you like in as many categories as you like. However each entrant is eligible to win only one prize.
Sponsor reserves the right to move a recipe into a more suited category if desired. Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Recipes must be the original work of entrant and not previously published. Recipe must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. All entries become the property of Reader's Digest and will not be returned. Winners will be required to grant to Reader's Digest all rights, titles and interest in the submitted entry. We reserve the right to use your entry in all print and electronic media, and to edit it for brevity and clarity.
4. Judging: A Taste of Home tasting panel (consisting of editors and food editors) will select one recipe from each category as the category Finalist ("Finalist"). Finalists will be selected by the panel based on the following criteria: 15% Creativity; 25% Feasibility; 35% Flavor; and 25% Visual Appeal.
Is the recipe an original idea? Is there artistic or imaginative thought around ingredient usage and/or method? Is it one of a kind? Is the recipe reflective of unique twists to ingredient usage? Does it contain interesting, yet delightful, flavor combinations?
Is this recipe capable of being created in a reasonable amount of time? How many ingredientHow many ingredients does it use? Could anyone create this food by following the recipe?
Does this recipe taste wonderful with every bite? Does it have mass appeal? Would you want to make this recipe over and over based on the great taste?
VISUAL APPEAL: 25%
Does this recipe present beautifully on the plate or in the baking dish? Do your eyes make you want to eat this before you can smell or taste it? All entries will be judged using the criteria stated above.
One Finalist will be selected in each category, Five (5) Finalists will be selected in all.. All decisions of the judges relating to the contest and the selection of the Finalists are final.
5. Voting Period: After the Finalists are selected they will each have their recipe posted on www.tasteofhome.com for voting purposes. Members of the public will then be invited to review and vote for their favorite Finalists via TasteofHome.com and Taste of Home's Facebook page. The Voting Period will take place between or around 12:00 PM (CT) on March 1, 2012, and 11:59 PM (CT) on March 31, 2012. Voting is limited to one vote PER PERSON per day, regardless of which voting method is used. The Finalist submission to receive the most votes during the public voting process will be named the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on or about July 1, 2012. Please note: In the event of technical difficulties, contest submission and voting dates are subject to change without notice.
6. Prizes: Five (5) category Finalists will be selected, and one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be chosen from the five (5) Finalists. The Grand Prize Winner will receive $25,000. The remaining four (4) finalists will each receive $500 and a collection of Taste of Home cookbooks with an estimated retail value of $200 per winner. Total value of the four (4) Finalist prizes: $2,800. Additionally the five finalists will each have their recipe posted on www.tasteofhome.com and some or all of the Finalists' recipes may be published in an issue of TasteofHome magazine and/or a TasteofHome cookbook or special interest publication. Some or all of the Finalists may also appear on a national television show where they may be interviewed and /or asked to prepare their recipe. All taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the Winners. Reader's Digest will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of any Winner's acceptance or use of the prize. All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. Each Winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, and media use release (where permitted by law) within two (2) weeks from the date of the notification letter or an alternate Winner may be selected.
7. Selection of Winners: One Finalist will be selected in each of the five (5) categories. Finalists will be selected on or about January 31, 2012, and notified by regular mail and those with known email addresses and phone numbers may be notified by email or phone as well within 14 days of selection and will be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release and Payment Authorization within two (2) weeks of prize notification attempt or Winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate Winner. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate Winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsors and their agencies (if any) to use the Winner's name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
8. Conditions: Sponsor is not liable for any technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading/uploading any materials in this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, Winners will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Reader's Digest will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Reader's Digest, their affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. Any dispute regarding submission of online entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organizations (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process. and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, Winners will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Reader's Digest will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Reader's Digest, their affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. Any dispute regarding submission of online entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organizations (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
9. The total number of contestants anticipated nationwide is 10,000.
10. Winner List/Consumer Information: If you wish to receive a list of Prize Winners, send your request by December 31, 2011, with a self-addressed stamped envelope and write to:
Taste of Home Ultimate Potluck Recipe Contest
The Reader's Digest Association
Attn: Test Kitchen
5400 S. 60th. St.
Greendale, WI 53129
The Reader's Digest Association, Inc.
Taste of Home
5400 S. 60th. St.
Greendale, WI 53129