1. Eligibility: This contest is open to legal U.S. residents and Canadian residents (excluding the Province of Québec) 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of Taste of Home or RDA Enthusiast Brands ("Sponsor"), or its affiliated or subsidiary companies, are not eligible to participate. Contest is governed by laws of the USA. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. How To Enter: Contest begins on April 25, 2014 and ends on July 18, 2014 (the "Deadline Date"). All entries must be received by 11:59 pm EST on the Deadline Date. To enter visit www.tasteofhome.com/contests and follow the instructions. All Entries must include your full name, address, city, state, zip, telephone number and email address (if you have one). Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions.
3. Judging: The winner of the Contest will be determined by judging all the entrants' submissions based on the follow criteria:
- Taste: 25%
- Does this recipe taste great with every bite? Does it have mass appeal? Would you want to make this recipe over and over again based on taste alone? Does it contain interesting, yet gratifying flavor combinations?
- Visual Appeal: 25%
- Does this recipe present beautifully on a plate or in a baking dish? Do your eyes make you want to eat this before you even smell or taste it?
- Creativity: 25%
- Is the recipe your original idea? Is the recipe reflective of unique twists to ingredient usage? Have you incorporated your personal touch to this recipe?
- Crowd Appeal: 25%
- Does your recipe appeal to fellow home cooks everywhere? Does the recipe have easy-to-find everyday ingredients and is it easy to make? Does the recipe have a story that will inspire many others to make it?
All entries will be judged using the criteria stated above. All judging will be accomplished by a panel of Taste of Home food experts. Decision of the judges is final and binding on all matters relating to this contest.
All recipes must be the original work of entrant and not previously published. You may use other recipes for inspiration, but you must make your own unique ingredient and cooking instruction changes in order for the recipe to be considered. Recipe must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. All entries become the property of Taste of Home and Reader's Digest Association and will not be returned. By submitting a recipe for this contest, you grant Taste of Home, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees all rights, titles and interest in the submitted entry which includes the right to publish your recipe and any other information provided in all print and electronic media, including your name, hometown and state. We reserve the right to modify, reproduce and distribute the material in any medium and in any manner or appropriate place. We test recipes submitted to us and reserve the right to alter them as needed. We may contact you via phone or email regarding your submission.
4. Winners and Prizes: A total of 12 Winners will be selected. One
Grand Prize winner will be awarded $500; one first place winner will be awarded $300; one second place winner will be awarded $150; one third place winner will be awarded $75; eight honorable mentions will each win a book. All winners will have their names and recipes published in future Taste of Home magazines and cookbooks. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor All taxes, if any, are the winners' responsibility. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winners' acceptance or use of the prize(s). All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded.
5. Selection of Winner: Winners will be determined and notified on or about September 26, 2014 by regular mail and those with known email addresses may be notified by email as well. Winners may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release and Payment Authorization within 30 days of prize notification attempt or Winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsors and their agencies (if any) to use the winner's name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
6. Conditions: Sponsor is not liable for any technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading/uploading any materials in this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, all winners will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. Sponsor also reserves the right to modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received and/or an insufficient number of entries meet the minimum judging criteria.
In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Reader's Digest will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Reader's Digest, their affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. Any dispute regarding submission of online entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organizations (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
7. The total number of contestants anticipated nationwide is 1,000.
8. Winner List/Consumer Information: If you wish to receive a list of prize winners, have any questions about the Contest, or you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest mailings from ABC, specify your request and write to:
Taste of Home Summer Sides Contest
Attention: Marie Brannon
5400 South 60th Street
Greendale, WI 53129