Taste of Home Slow Cooker Recipe Contest for WGN Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Taste of Home Slow Cooker Recipe Contest for WGN is sponsored by The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. ("RDA"), parent company of the Taste of Home brand.
1. Eligibility: This contest is open to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of the sponsor or their affiliated or subsidiary companies are not eligible to participate. Individuals employed as a Culinary Professional are not eligible to enter or win this contest. Culinary professional is defined as an individual who's primary source of income is derived from their work in the food service industry as a cook or chef. Contest is governed by laws of the USA. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. How To Enter: Contest begins on September 30, 2010 and ends on December 31, 2010. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm on December 31, 2010. To enter visit www.wgntv.com/midday and follow the instructions. Only entries submitted via the website electronic form will be accepted. Entries submitted via any other method, including but not limited to U.S. Postal Service, facsimile or other express delivery services will NOT be accepted.
All Entries must include your full name, address, city, state, zip, telephone number and email address (if you have one). Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions.
3. Entry requirements: Submit your favorite slow cooker recipe.
- You must indicate on your entry: the name of the dish, the ingredients, exact U.S. measurements, timing, special preparation instructions and approximate number of servings.
- Entry must be in English.
- You may enter as many recipes as you like.
The Submission must be the original work of entrant and not previously published. Submission must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Winner will be required to grant to Taste of Home all rights, titles and interest in the submitted entry. We reserve the right to use your entry in all print and electronic media, and to edit it for brevity and clarity.
4. Judging: The Winner of the contest will be determined by judging all the entrants' submissions based on the following criteria: 35% Flavor; 25% Visual Appeal; 25% Feasibility; 15% Creativity
Does this recipe taste wonderful with every bite? Does it have mass appeal? Would we want to make this recipe over and over based on the great taste?
VISUAL APPEAL: 25%
Does this recipe present beautifully on the plate or in the baking dish? Do our eyes make us want to eat this before we can smell or taste it?
Is this recipe capable of being created in a reasonable amount of time? How many ingredients does it use? Could anyone create this food by following the recipe?
Is the recipe an original idea? Is there artistic or imaginative thought around ingredient usage? Is it one of a kind? Does it contain interesting, yet delightful, flavor combinations?
All entries will be judged using the criteria stated above. Judges' decisions are final. All judging will be accomplished by a Taste of Home tasting panel, consisting of editors and food editors. Decision of the tasting panel is final and binding on all matters relating to this contest. The tasting panel will select one Winner.
5. Prize: One Winner will be chosen. The Winner will have their recipe posted on www.wgntv.com/midday, www.tasteofhome.com, may be published in a Taste of Home book or magazine and will have the opportunity to prepare their recipe on-air during the WGN Midday News program in Chicago. Winner will also be awarded a 3-day, 2-night trip to Milwaukee, WI. One day of the trip will consist of a visit to the Taste of Home headquarters in Greendale, WI. The other day will consist of a train trip to Chicago with a Taste of Home representative to prepare their recipe on the WGN midday news program in Chicago. Winner will also receive a collection of Taste of Home cookbooks (ARV $125). Total ARV of the Winner's Prize: $900. Winner will fly to Milwaukee from an airport close to Winner's home via round-trip economy class airfare. Prize also includes hotel accommodations for 2 nights in one standard double occupancy room and a round-trip train ticket from Milwaukee to Chicago. Winner is responsible for transportation to and from airport of original departure. Transportation will be provided while in Milwaukee and Chicago. Meals will be provided while in Milwaukee and Chicago. Actual dates of travel at sole discretion of Sponsor, and is subject to change, but is planned between January 31, 2011 and February 4, 2011. Winner must be able to travel on dates designated by Sponsor or Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. All expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of Winner including, without limitation, minibar, gratuities, telephone calls, and pre/post hotel accommodations. The prize is not transferable and cannot be assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize or any part thereof, is no longer available/cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor. All taxes, if any are the sole responsibility of the Winner, as well as travel risks, insurance, loss or damage due to prize acceptance or use. Neither the sponsor nor their affiliates or subsidiaries will be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the Winner's acceptance or use of the prize. Winner may wish to obtain travel insurance (or other forms of insurance) at their own expense and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Winner must possess valid travel documents in order to travel. All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded.
6. Selection of Winner: Winner will be selected on or about January 14, 2011 and notified by phone. Those with known email addresses may be notified by email as well within 3 days of selection and may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release and Payment Authorization within 7 days of prize notification attempt or Winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate Winner. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate Winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and their agencies (if any) to use the Winner's name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
7. Conditions: Sponsor is not liable for any technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading/uploading any materials in this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, Winner will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Taste of Home will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Taste of Home and their affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. Any dispute regarding submission of online entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organizations (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
8. The total number of contestants anticipated nationwide is 2,500.
9. Winner List/Consumer Information: If you wish to receive a list showing the Prize Winner, send your request by January 31, 2011, with a self-addressed stamped envelope and write to:
Taste of Home Slow Cooker Recipe Contest for WGN
Attn: Test Kitchen
5400 S. 60th. St.
Greendale, WI 53129
Taste of Home
5400 S. 60th. St.
Greendale, WI 53129