Mushrooms Every Day, Every Way Recipe Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. PURCHASING WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
1. Eligibility: This Contest is sponsored by The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. (the parent company of the Taste of Home brand) ("Reader's Digest"), and The Mushroom Council. Contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of The Reader's Digest Association and The Mushroom Council, or their affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to enter the Contest or to participate in the voting process. Contest is governed by the laws of the USA. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Entry/Judging: The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Time (CT) on March 1, 2011, and ends at 11:59 p.m. on August 1, 2011. To enter, visit www.tasteofhome.com/mushroomcontest and follow the instructions.
All submissions must be received by 11:59 PM CST on August 1, 2011. Entries must be submitted in one of three categories. Sponsors reserve the right to move a recipe into a more suited category if desired. After the submission deadline, The Taste of Home tasting panel, consisting of editors and food editors, will select one winner from each category. Additionally, once a week throughout the duration of the contest (22 weeks), the Sponsor will select a weekly winner at random from all eligible entries who will receive a black Weber® 22-½'' One Touch® Gold charcoal grill. Weber grill drawings will take place every Tuesday, beginning with March 8, 2011, with the exception of the final drawing which will take place when the contest closes on Monday, August 1, 2011. If the potential winner is a resident of Canada, he/she must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by telephone without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid in order to receive the prize. If the selected Canadian potential winner cannot be reached within a reasonable time period (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), he/she may be disqualified, and, at Sponsor's sole discretion, the prize will be forfeited.
- Each recipe must include at least 8 ounces of fresh commercially-cultivated mushrooms; options include: white button, portabella, crimini, shiitake, enoki, beech, maitake or oyster.
- Each recipe must fall into at least one of the following categories:
- Breakfast: Show us how you incorporate mushrooms into the most important meal of the day.
- Appetizers & Sides: Snacks, dips, soups and salads get the party started.
- Main Dish: Savory, filling, rich and delicious; mushrooms' flavor makes any meal memorable.
- You must indicate on your entry the category into which your dish falls.
- You must also indicate on your entry: the name of the dish, the ingredients, exact U.S. measurements, required utensils, timing, special preparation instructions and approximate number of servings.
- Entry must be in English.
All submissions will be judged based on the following criteria:
CREATIVITY/UNIQUENESS: 25 points
Is the recipe an original idea? Is there artistic or imaginative thought around ingredient usage and/or method? Is it one of a kind? Is the recipe reflective of unique twists of ingredient usage? Does it contain interesting, yet delightful, flavor combinations?
FEASIBILITY: 25 points
Is this recipe capable of being created in a residential kitchen in a reasonable amount of time? How many ingredients does it use? Could anyone create this food by following the recipe?
FLAVOR: 25 points
Does this recipe taste wonderful with every bite? Does it have mass appeal? Would you want to make this recipe over and over based on the great taste? Is the flavor of mushrooms prominent in the dish?
VISUAL APPEAL: 25 points
Does this recipe present beautifully on the plate or in the baking dish? Does the visual/final presentation of the recipe make you want to eat this before you can smell or taste it?
All decisions of the Judges are final. In the event of a tie for category winners, the tied entries will be re-judged using the same criteria. If still tied, the entry with the most prominent use of mushrooms in the recipe will be chosen the winner.
All entries become the property of Reader's Digest and the Mushroom Council and will not be returned. Entry must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. Winners will be required to grant to Reader's Digest and Mushroom Council all rights, titles and interest in the submitted entry. Reader's Digest and the Mushroom Council reserve the right to use all entries in all print and electronic media, and to edit it for brevity and clarity.
Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified.
3. a. Recipe Contest Prize(s): One winner from each category will have their submissions highlighted on Mushroominfo.com and will win a trip for two including a premier chef's experience at the Culinary Institute of America (CIA). This includes vouchers for airfare or car service, hotel accommodations and registration to participate in a cooking class at one of three CIA campus locations: Napa, CA; San Antonio, TX; or Hyde Park, NY. Campus locations will be selected according to each winner's proximity. Each prize package is estimated to be worth $3,000. Total value of prizes to be awarded is $9,000.
b. Random Draw Sweepstakes. Weekly winners will receive a black Weber 22-½'' One Touch Gold charcoal grill (MSRP: $159.70). Total value of grill prizes to be awarded is $3,513.40.
No more than one weekly prize per person or household. A winner may win a weekly prize and a grand prize. All taxes, if any, are the winners' responsibility. Reader's Digest will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of any winner's acceptance or use of the prize. All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. Each winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, and media use release (where permitted by law) within two (2) weeks from the date of the notification letter or an alternate winner may be selected.
4. Conditions: Reader's Digest and the Mushroom Council are not liable for, late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, garbled or jumbled entries. Reader's Digest and the Mushroom Council are not liable for any technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading/uploading any materials in this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Reader's Digest and the Mushroom Council are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Contest. Reader's Digest and the Mushroom Council reserve the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, winners will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by the judges will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Reader's Digest, the Mushroom Council, their affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. Any dispute regarding submission of online entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organizations (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Reader's Digest and the Mushroom Council, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process. All prizes will be awarded.
All potential winners of the vacation prize package will be notified by email within 6 weeks of the closing date. All potential winners of the Weber grill will be notified by email within 6 days of the weekly drawing. All potential winners will be required to agree to the use of their name and likeness and entry for promotional purposes (except where prohibited by law).
5. The total number of contestants anticipated nationwide is (Range 1,000-2,500). Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
6. Consumer Information: If you wish to receive a copy of these rules or a list of prize winners, or have any questions about the Contest, specify your request and send a self addressed stamped envelope to: Taste of Home, Mushrooms Every Day, Every Way Contest, 5400 S. 60th St., Greendale, WI, 53129.