Best 30-Minute Menus (#084) Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This contest is open to legal U.S. and Canadian residents (excluding the Province of Québec) 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of the sponsor, Reiman Publications, Inc, the publisher of Simple & Delicious, ("Reiman") or its affiliated or subsidiary companies are not eligible to participate. Contest is governed by laws of the USA. All federal, state and local laws and regulations in the US and Canada apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. How To Enter: Contest begins on July 29, 2010 and ends on October 15, 2010. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by October 15, 2010. All online and E-mailed entries must be received by 11:59 pm on October 15, 2010. To enter, visit tasteofhome.com/recipecontests and follow the instructions completely. In lieu of submitting an entry online, entrants can send an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to "Best 30-Minute Menus" contest, Simple & Delicious, 5400 S. 60th St., Greendale WI 53129.
All Entries must include your full name, address, city, state, zip, telephone number and email address (if you have one). Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. All times indicated are Central Time.
3. Entry Requirements: Submit your favorite menu consisting of 2-3 recipes that can be completed in 30 minutes or less. Meals must include a main dish and one or two sides (an appetizer, soup, beverage, bread, salad, veggie or fruit side dish, or dessert). To be considered, all menus must include at least two recipes. The entire meal must be ready to serve in 30 minutes or less.
You must also indicate the following on your entry: the name of the dish, the ingredients, exact U.S. measurements, temperatures and timing, special preparation instructions and approximate number of servings. Entry must be in English. You may enter as many menus as you like; however, each entrant is only eligible to win one prize.
The Submission must be the original work of entrant and not previously published. Submission must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. All entries become the property of Reiman and will not be returned. Winners will be required to grant to Reiman all rights, titles and interest in the submitted entry. We reserve the right to use your entry in all print and electronic media, and to edit it for brevity and clarity.
4. Judging: The winners of the contest will be determined by judging all the entrants' submissions based on the following criteria: 35% Flavor; 25% Visual Appeal; 25% Feasibility; 15% Creativity
- FLAVOR: 35%
Does this recipe taste wonderful with every bite? Does it have mass appeal? Would you want to make this recipe over and over based on the great taste?
- VISUAL APPEAL: 25%
Does this recipe present beautifully on the plate or in the baking dish? Do your eyes make you want to eat this before you can smell or taste it?
- FEASIBILITY: 25%
Is this recipe capable of being created in a reasonable amount of time? How many ingredients does it use? Could anyone create this food by following the recipe?
- CREATIVITY/UNIQUENESS: 15%
Is the recipe an original idea? Is there artistic or imaginative thought around ingredient usage and/or method? Is the recipe reflective of unique twists to ingredient usage? Does it contain interesting, yet delightful, flavor combinations?
All entries will be judged using the criteria stated above. Judges' decisions are final. All judging will be accomplished by a Simple & Delicious tasting panel, consisting of editors and food editors. Decision of the tasting panel is final and binding on all matters relating to this contest. The tasting panel will select six menus as prize winners, as indicated below.
5. Prizes: One Grand Prize winner will receive a 2011 Weber® Genesis® E-310™ gas grill with Weber's legendary cooking system, a Beach View Patio Set provided by Lowe's®, Dean & Deluca's The Perfect Cookout package and Taste of Home's new Backyard Grilling and Market Fresh cookbook set. The Total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the Grand Prize is $2,000.
One Second Place winner will receive Wüsthof 16-piece knife set and Taste of Home's new Backyard Grilling and Market Fresh cookbook set. The Total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the Second Place Prize is $1,000.
One Third Place Winner will receive a Chantal set of Copper Fusion cookware and coordinating sauté pan and Taste of Home's new Backyard Grilling and Market Fresh cookbook set. The Total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the Third Place is $800.
Three Runners-Up will each receive a Starbucks gift basket, packed with an assortment of Starbucks Natural Fusions and other coffees, a coffee maker, mugs, a teapot and Tazo full-leaf teas; and Taste of Home's new Backyard Grilling and Market Fresh cookbook set. The Total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the Runners-Up prizes are valued at $500 each. ($1,500 total value)
The prizes are not transferable cannot be assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsors. All taxes, if any are the sole responsibility of the winners. Neither the sponsor nor its affiliates or subsidiaries will be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winners' acceptance or use of the prize. All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded.
6. Selection of Winner: Winners will be selected by December 31, 2011 and notified by regular mail and those with known email addresses and phone numbers may be notified by email or phone as well within 30 days of selection and may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release and Payment Authorization within 30 days of prize notification attempt or Winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsors and their agencies (if any) to use the winner's name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
Winners may be published in upcoming Simple & Delicious issues, beginning with the Grand Prize-winning menu in the April/May 2011 issue.
7. Conditions: Sponsor is not liable for any technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading/uploading any materials in this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, Grand Prize and other winners will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. Sponsor also reserves the right to modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received and/or an insufficient number of entries meet the minimum judging criteria. In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Reiman Publications will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Reiman Publications, their affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. Any dispute regarding submission of online entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organizations (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
8. The total number of contestants anticipated nationwide is 500.
9. Winner List/Consumer Information: If you wish to receive a list of prize winners or have any questions about the Contest, specify your request and write to: "Best 30-Minute Menus" contest, Simple & Delicious, 5400 S. 60th St., Greendale, WI 53129.
Reiman Publications, Inc.
Simple & Delicious
5400 S. 60th St.
Greendale, WI 53129