Hometown Favorites Recipe Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASING WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This contest is open to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of the sponsor, Reader's Digest Association, or of Baymont Franchise Systems, Inc., or their affiliated or subsidiary companies are not eligible to participate. Contest is governed by laws of the USA. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. How To Enter: Contest begins at 12:01 AM EST on 03/15/11 and ends 11:59 PM EST on 06/01/11. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm EST on 06/01/11. To enter, email your submission to email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org). Visit www.tasteofhome.com/tasty-tidbits for details and official rules and regulations. All Entries must include your full name, address, city, state, zip, telephone number and email address. Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Limit one entry per person.
The Submission must be the original work of entrant and not previously published. Submission must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. All entries become the property of Reader's Digest Association and Baymont Franchise Systems, Inc.and will not be returned. Winners will be required to grant Reader's Digest Association and Baymont Franchise Systems, Inc. all rights, titles and interest in the submitted entry. We reserve the right to use your entry in all print and electronic media, and to edit it for brevity and clarity.
3. Judging: Contestants must submit a recipe that is original to their hometown or region of the country and a sentence or two describing what the food is and where it originates. Submit your complete recipe, all required information and optional photo by email to email@example.com (see How to Enter above for details). The winner of the Contest will be determined by judging all the entrants' submissions based on the follow criteria: Originality 25%, visual appeal 25%, adherence to the contest theme 25% and taste 25%. All entries will be judged using the criteria stated above. All judging will be accomplished by the Taste of Home Test Kitchen cooks. Decision of the judges is final and binding on all matters relating to this contest. One Grand Prize winner and three Runners-up will be selected.
4. Prizes: One Grand Prize and Three Runners-up prizes will be awarded. The Grand Prize will consist of a "Roadfood" road trip to a location in the Grand Prize winner's region of the country (specific location will be chosen by Reader's Digest based on the location of the Winner's home and locations of Baymont Inn & Suites hotels). Trip will be for a maximum of four people and will include: A rental car plus gas for 1 week to take on the trip. Specific vehicle and rental car company to be determined by Reader's Digest at its discretion. A seven night stay at a Baymont Inn & Suites hotel. (Location to be determined at the sole discretion of Reader's Digest). Room will be a standard room with the capacity for a maximum of four people, breakfast included. Grand Prize winner will also receive $2,100 in spending money for the trip to be spent on lunch, dinner and family activities. Winner is solely responsible for any additional travel or expenses not specified herein including, without limitation meals, mini-bar, gratuities, telephone calls, and pre/post hotel accommodations. Winner and Guests must travel on same itinerary. Should the Winner elect to not take a guest, or any guest or guest are unable to accompany Winner on same itinerary Winner shall forfeit that portion of the Grand Prize and the difference between the actual value of the Grand Prize and the stated ARV will not be awarded. The Total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the Grand Prize is $3,500. The prize is not transferable and cannot be assigned. The Grand Prize winner may opt to take cash in the amount of $3,500 instead of the trip. All travel must be completed by 08/01/12. The three (3) Runner-up Prizes will consist of dinner for four at a "Roadfood" restaurant in a location near the Runner Up's Hometown (exact location to be determined at the sole discretion of Reader's Digest) and a Taste of Home and "Roadfood" prize basket consisting of cookbooks and other books. The Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each runner-up prize is $500. (Total ARV for all Runner Ups prizes is $1,500). Runners Up prizes are not transferable and cannot be assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or grater value in the event that any of the stated prizes, or parts thereof, cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond their control. All taxes, if any are the sole responsibility of the winner(s), as well as travel risks, insurance, loss or damage due to prize acceptance or use. Neither the sponsor, Baymont Franchise Systems, Inc., their affiliates nor subsidiaries will be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winners acceptance or use of any of the prizes. The Grand Prize Winner and Guest(s) may wish to obtain travel insurance (or other forms of insurance) at their own expense and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded.
5. Selection of Winner: Winners will be selected on or about 07/01/11and notified by phone or regular mail and those with known email addresses may be notified by email as well within 10 days of selection and may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release and Payment Authorization within 30 days of prize notification attempt or Winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor, Baymont Franchise Systems, Inc. and their agencies (if any) to use the winner's and Guests' name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
6. Conditions: Neither Sponsor nor Baymont Franchise Systems, Inc. shall be liable for any technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading/uploading any materials in this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Neither Sponsor nor Baymont Franchise Systems, Inc. shall be responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, Grand Prize winner and runner-ups will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. Sponsor also reserves the right to modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received and/or an insufficient number of entries meet the minimum judging criteria.
In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Reader's Digest will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Reader's Digest, Baymont Franchise Systems, Inc., and their affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. Any dispute regarding submission of online entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organizations (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
7. The total number of contestants anticipated nationwide is 2,000.
8. Winner List/Consumer Information: If you wish to receive a list of prize winners or have any questions about the Contest specify your request and write to: Hometown Favorites Contest, attn: Katie Gaon, Reader's Digest Association, Taste of Home, 750 Third Avenue, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10017. All inquiries must be received by 12/1/11.