Cooks Who Care Event Planner
Hosting a fundraiser? Getting involved is easy with these helpful suggestions.
The purpose of Cooks Who Care is to use your passion for food and cooking to help those in need. There's no limit to the possibilities!
Below is a list of ideas for Cooks Who Care events, so you can choose one that best fits your needs.
Cooks Who Care Event Ideas
- Volunteer to make or serve a meal at a soup kitchen, shelter or group home. Find opportunities at www.volunteermatch.org or www.dosomething.org.
- Bake cookies for the elderly and shut-ins in your area; work with your community center to coordinate delivery. Browse cookie recipes »
- Host a bake sale to benefit a nonprofit group or agency. Browse bake sale recipes »
- Create baked goods to send to troops overseas. Read about "The Cookie Mom"—she sends cookies to troops overseas every Christmas »
- Host a chili cook-off to benefit your local volunteer fire department. Browse chili recipes »
- Bake sugar cookies, then bring them with a group to an after-school children's program or nursing home along with frosting and sprinkles to decorate the cookies together. Browse cookie recipes »
- Donate your services to a local charity auction. Example: "A Fresh Pie Each Month for the Entire Year!" Browse pie recipes »
- Host a canned goods drive at your office or church to benefit the local food pantry. Find a food bank in your area »
- Join the Cooks Who Care Community Forum—a place to share stories of how you are using your culinary talents to make a difference in your community. It's free!
Promote Your Event
- To raise awareness about your at-work Cooks Who Care event, consider asking the head of your company to declare "Cooks Who Care Day."
- To raise awareness about a community-wide event in conjunction with National Cooks Who Care Week (the second week in November), plan ahead and ask the mayor of your town to issue a proclamation.
- Contact your local newspaper and/or radio station about doing a story before your Cooks Who Care event.
TIP: To open the documents after downloading, you will need Microsoft Word.
If you or a group you belong to cooks for a charitable, spiritual or other purpose, we'd love to hear from you. Submit your story